FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Forbes magazine ranked Fairfield County 12th in a list of America’s Best Cities For Young Professionals.
The magazine determined the best prospects for professionals ages 24 to 34 who hold a bachelor’s degree or higher. The magazine considered local unemployment rates, and job projections over the next two years, the number of small and large businesses per capita, median salaries, the cost-of-living index and census data on the local population ages 25 and up.
The magazine included the Metro Statistical Area from Stamford to Bridgeport. Fairfield County moved up a few spots from previous Forbes rankings “thanks to its heavy population of workers with bachelor’s degrees (44.6 percent, the third-highest) and high number of small companies (1 for every 42 workers, second place),’’ according to the story.
Des Moines, Iowa, ranked No. 1 on the list, followed by Raleigh, N.C., and Omaha, Neb.
Fairfield County ranked one spot behind San Jose, Calif., and one spot ahead of Seattle.
Click here for the complete list from Forbes.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Wilton
- 5 Wilton Police Department Promotes Woman To Detective In Historic First