NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The Roger Sherman Inn in New Canaan was officially listed for sale last week by Halstead Property with an asking price of $6 million.
The house dates to the 1700s, according to the Inn’s website, when it was called the Mitchell-Bond House.
The current owners, Joseph and Nes Jaffre, purchased the Inn at 195 Oenoke Road in 2008. The Inn is named after the famous patriot who is the only delegate to the Continental Congress to sign all four of the key documents of the Revolutionary period. He later became the first mayor of New Haven and one of Connecticut’s first U.S. senators.
The Inn includes a bed and breakfast for travelers and a French restaurant.
While the Inn was officially put on the market last week, rumors circulated for months that it may be put up for sale. The Jaffres purchased the Inn for $3.4 million in 2008.
According to a story in the New Canaan Advertiser, the Jaffres are hopeful that a buyer will emerge who wants to retain the property as a restaurant and inn. Some town officials believe the 1.8-acre property made be sold for residential development.
Immy Cognetta is the Halstead agent listing the property. Click here for the property listing.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Wilton Skies Sunday
- 2 Trespassing Charges Against Six Teens Tops Week’s News In Wilton
- 3 Wilton Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 5 Wilton Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday