DANBURY, Conn. -- The Danbury Music Centre will host a free concert featuring the Danbury Symphony Orchestra geared for the young and the young at heart this weekend.
The concert begins at 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 26, at Ives Concert Hall on the mid-town campus of Western Connecticut State University. Ariel Rudiakov, music director and conductor of the Danbury Symphony Orchestra, will lead the concert that promises to feature "music written especially for children but not exclusively for children," a press release said.
The concert will include the Peer Gynt Suite, The March of the Little Toy Soldiers and Children’s Games. The concert will also feature special guest artist, Isabella Palacpac, winner of the 12th annual Danbury Symphony Orchestra Student Concerto Competition, performing the first movement of the Lalo Concerto for Cello and Orchestra. Isabella is a junior at Wilton High School.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'