RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The Ridgefield Playhourse will present "The Wizard of Oz" on Saturday, May 3, at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
This is the 75th anniversary year of the beloved story of the little girl from Kansas and her dog, Toto, the Tin Man, the Lion and the Scarecrow who travel together to Oz. Kids are encouraged to read the book and have it signed by Dorothy and her friends in the lobby after the show.
Featured songs include “Soup’s On,” “Follow the Yellow Brick Road” and “It’s So Easy to be a Witch.” Piccolo Pizza & Pasta Jazzeria (24 Prospect St., Ridgefield) will serve a free scoop of gelato on the day of these shows when tickets/stubs are presented.
There will be a contest for best costume, so kids should come dressed as their favorite "Wizard of Oz" character for the chance to win a free movie ticket for The Ridgefield Playhouse.
This Pepsi Children’s Series event is presented by American Family Theater and underwritten by Wooster School of Danbury, and is sponsored by Books on the Common with support from The Ridgefield Library. Media sponsor is 98Q. The Union Savings Bank Arts for Everyone recipient is SPHERE.
For tickets ($15), call the box office at 438-5795, or order online at ridgefieldplayhouse.org.
The Ridgefield Playhouse is a not-for-profit performing arts center at 80 East Ridge, parallel to Main Street, Ridgefield.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Wilton, Thunderstorms Possible