FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONN, -- Here are five of the biggest upcoming events in Fairfield County.
1. Acclaimed author Anthony Doerr to speak at Fairfield University on Friday, May 16, at 7 p.m.
Anthony Doerr, one of America’s most highly decorated short story writers, will be discussing his newly released book, "All The Light We Cannot See." Free. 1073 N. Benson Road.
2. Wine-tasting fundraiser for the Maritime Aquarium on Saturday, May 17, at 6 p.m.
Sample fine wine and delicious food while browsing fine home furnishings during a special evening fundraiser for the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk. It will be on Saturday, May 17, at the Lillian August Warehouse in South Norwalk. $25. 85 Water St.
3. A Night In Havana at the Carriage Barn Arts Center in New Canaan on Saturday, May 17, at 7 p.m.
A Night in Havana is a gala that will feature Cuban food, cocktails, a silent auction and music by Manchado, an Afro-Cuban Jazz band made up of local musicians. $150 for the individual level and $300 for the patron level. 681 South Ave.
4. Endangered Species Weekend At Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo from Friday to Sunday, May 16 to 18.
The Beardsley Zoo will hold endangered species awareness events this weekend to encourage people of all ages to learn about the importance of protecting endangered animals and plants and what actions can be taken to help preserve their future. $14.1875 Noble Ave., Bridgeport.
5. Newtown's The Little Theatre Presents "The Glass Menagerie" on Friday, May 16, at 8 p.m.
When Amanda Wingfield’s attempts to better her life and the lives of her adult children Tom and Laura backfire, the result is heartbreak and loss. $10 to $20. 18 Orchard Hill Road, Newtown.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be and why.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk