FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONN, -- Here are five of the biggest upcoming events in Fairfield County.
1. Acclaimed author Anthony Doerr to speak at Fairfield University on Friday, May 16, at 7 p.m.
Anthony Doerr, one of America’s most highly decorated short story writers, will be discussing his newly released book, "All The Light We Cannot See." Free. 1073 N. Benson Road.
2. Wine-tasting fundraiser for the Maritime Aquarium on Saturday, May 17, at 6 p.m.
Sample fine wine and delicious food while browsing fine home furnishings during a special evening fundraiser for the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk. It will be on Saturday, May 17, at the Lillian August Warehouse in South Norwalk. $25. 85 Water St.
3. A Night In Havana at the Carriage Barn Arts Center in New Canaan on Saturday, May 17, at 7 p.m.
A Night in Havana is a gala that will feature Cuban food, cocktails, a silent auction and music by Manchado, an Afro-Cuban Jazz band made up of local musicians. $150 for the individual level and $300 for the patron level. 681 South Ave.
4. Endangered Species Weekend At Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo from Friday to Sunday, May 16 to 18.
The Beardsley Zoo will hold endangered species awareness events this weekend to encourage people of all ages to learn about the importance of protecting endangered animals and plants and what actions can be taken to help preserve their future. $14.1875 Noble Ave., Bridgeport.
5. Newtown's The Little Theatre Presents "The Glass Menagerie" on Friday, May 16, at 8 p.m.
When Amanda Wingfield’s attempts to better her life and the lives of her adult children Tom and Laura backfire, the result is heartbreak and loss. $10 to $20. 18 Orchard Hill Road, Newtown.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be and why.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Teen’s Arrest For Swastika Incident At Wilton High Tops Week’s News