FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Shannon Miller, the most decorated gymnast in U.S. history, will appear in Fairfield on Thursday, March 20, as part of a Speaker Series presented by the CT Challenge.
Following an introduction by Bigelow Tea President and CEO Cindi Bigelow, Miller will speak at the Roger Ludlowe Middle School at 689 Unquowa Road in Fairfield at 7 p.m. She will greet other cancer survivors at a reception before her presentation.
During her gymnastics career, Miller won 49 national and 59 international medals, including two world all-around titles and seven Olympic medals.
In 2011, Miller was diagnosed with a malignant germ cell tumor, a rare form of ovarian cancer. She had a baseball-size tumor removed successfully and followed up with nine weeks of chemotherapy. Now cancer free, Miller continues to be a strong advocate for awareness and early cancer detection.
For more information and to purchase tickets ($5 for students, $8 for adults), go to www.ctchallenge.org/shannonmiller.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Wilton
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal