FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Shannon Miller, the most decorated gymnast in U.S. history, will appear in Fairfield on Thursday, March 20, as part of a Speaker Series presented by the CT Challenge.
Following an introduction by Bigelow Tea President and CEO Cindi Bigelow, Miller will speak at the Roger Ludlowe Middle School at 689 Unquowa Road in Fairfield at 7 p.m. She will greet other cancer survivors at a reception before her presentation.
During her gymnastics career, Miller won 49 national and 59 international medals, including two world all-around titles and seven Olympic medals.
In 2011, Miller was diagnosed with a malignant germ cell tumor, a rare form of ovarian cancer. She had a baseball-size tumor removed successfully and followed up with nine weeks of chemotherapy. Now cancer free, Miller continues to be a strong advocate for awareness and early cancer detection.
For more information and to purchase tickets ($5 for students, $8 for adults), go to www.ctchallenge.org/shannonmiller.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Wilton, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night