RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The 17th annual Firemen’s Carnival, sponsored by the Ridgefield Volunteer Fire Department, will go off with a bang this year with the return of fireworks.
The carnival will run from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday in the parking lot of East Ridge Middle School, 10 E. Ridge Road.
Bracelets for unlimited rides will be sold each day for $22. Admission is free to walk around the grounds and watch the fireworks.
Parking will be available in the rear lot at the middle school; the Winter Garden Ice Arena, 111 Prospect Ridge; Veterans Park Elementary School, 8 Governor St.; and the Old High School Field (Governor's Park Field), 70 Prospect St.
Returning this year for the first time since 1998 is the free fireworks show, scheduled for 9:15 p.m. Friday 27. If the show is rained out, it will be rescheduled to Saturday.
Other attractions include food and beverages, a kiddie corner for the under-5 set, amusement park rides and game booths. Tufano Amusements of Cheshire is providing the rides.
The carnival is a fundraiser for the Ridgefield Volunteer Fire Department. For more information, visit the department's website at RidgefieldVFD.com.
- 1 Police Continue Probe Into Suicide At Danbury Mall
- 2 Wilton High School Ranked Seventh-Best In Connecticut
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Wilton; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Beware Of Wind Chill, Slippery Roads As Deep Freeze Settles In On Wilton