RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The Ridgefield Playhouse is celebrating the 35th anniversary of the movie "Grease" with a concert by Sha Na Na on Friday, April 25.
There will be a parking lot costume contest at 7 p.m. before the show. The “best dressed” will get their picture taken with Sha Na Na. The event is partially underwritten by Ace Tire & Auto Center and is part of the Xfinity Rock Series.
"Sliders and milk shakes, a classic car show, 'Greaser' and 'Pink Lady' costume contests and the incomparable Sha Na Na in their doo-wop and rock ‘n’ roll concert will mark the 35th anniversary of the ever-popular movie 'Grease,'" representatives said. "In the John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John epic, Sha Na Na performed as 'Johnny Casino and the Gamblers,' and they are well-known for their hits 'Blue Moon,' 'We Go Together,' 'You’re the One That I Want,' 'Whole Lotta’ Shakin’ Goin’ On' and many more. In an interactive evening where the audience sings and dances along and participates in a 'Greaser Olympics,' this is a great show for the entire family to enjoy together."
Sha Na Na’s show will be highlight the four-decade journey from Woodstock to "Grease" and their TV show and worldwide tour stops.
Tickets for the show are $40 at the box office at 438-5795 or online at The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Wilton Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms