WESTON, Conn. -- The Westport, Weston, Wilton and Norwalk communities are invited to celebrate the holiday of Purim with a Purim Extravaganza at the Cobbs Mill Inn in Weston.
The Purim Extravaganza begins at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, March 16, at the Cobbs Mill Inn at 12 Old Mill Road in Weston. The event is hosted by the Schneerson Center in Westport.
"Participants will enjoy a full Chinese buffet, fresh sushi bar, hear the Megillah, sing and dance with live musical entertainment, and celebrate with Lechayim cocktails for the adults and entertainment for the children," representatives said. "Participants are encouraged to come dressed up in costume and receive a gift. The event will also feature the triangular fruit filled cookie special for the holiday called the Hamantash."
The Purim holiday is a part of biblical history that dates back to more than 2,500 years ago and commemorates "the deliverance of the Jewish people of the ancient Persian Empire from Haman's plot to annihilate them, as recorded in the Megillah-Book of Esther," representatives said. Purim falls on March 15 to 16, which corresponds to the Jewish date of Adar 14.
The cost of admission is $25 per adult and $15 per child under 12 and $75 for a family of four. For more information, call 203-635-4118, visit the Schneerson Center website or email email@example.com.
- 1 Wilton High Senior Honored With Prestigious Presidential Scholar Award
- 2 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield County