WILTON, Conn. -- Visit the final day of the Great Trains Holiday Exhibit and participate in Scholastic's Student Art Contest at the Wilton Historical Society on Martin Luther King Day.
Scholastic, a company dedicated to improving children's literacy, is honoring King by encouraging students in kindergarten through Grade 12 to creatively interpret what engaging in community service means to them.
The resulting art will be entered into the contest, the winner of which will receive a Samsung tablet. The winning artwork will also be displayed at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Bookstore.
The contest takes place on Monday, Jan. 20, starting at 10 a.m. The Wilton Historical Society is located at 224 Danbury Road in Wilton. For more information call 203-762-7257.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Wilton