WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton Family Y is inviting moms looking to return to the workforce to join a new class on resume writing.
Hilary Berger, of Work Like a Mother, is set to lead “Close the Gap: Résumé Development, Interviewing and the Elevator Pitch” at the Wilton Family Y starting Feb. 24. The group is set to meet over four two-hour sessions from 10 a.m. to noon on Feb. 24, March 10, March 17, and March 31.
"During the class meetings, mothers will examine their skills, accomplishment and interests (those that were acquired during previous professional and educational experiences, pre-children), and combine them with volunteer experiences and accomplishments that have occurred during their time as parents, with the end result being a working résumé that highlights their skills and minimizes the gap," a press release said.
“The program I have created allows mothers to gain personal insight, and a new way of looking at their own employability,” Berger said. “As you learn to map a professional plan and become versed in articulating your own value with confidence, the barriers that have kept you from engaging in professional pursuits will fall away rather non-dramatically.”
The fee for the four sessions is $195 for Y members and $295 for non-members. Residents are asked to contact Kim Murphy at email@example.com or 203-762-8384 ext. 214 to register or for more information.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight