WILTON, Conn. - The annual “Where the Wild Things Run” 5K trail run/walk and kids’ fun run will be held on Sunday, May 4, at the Woodcock Nature Center in Wilton.
This 5K course is run almost entirely run on Woodcock's beautiful woodland trails in Wilton. The race will be approximately 90 percent on trails, with a mix of groomed trails, rugged trails and narrow ridges/boardwalks.
The challenging terrain will highlight the diversity and beauty of the Woodcock Nature Center property. Runners, joggers and walkers of all ages are welcome, but the trail is not stroller friendly.
The Kids Fun Run course remains the same as previous years, taking runners around the grounds and rugged driveway past the Nature Center, Pavilion and Waterfall trail. It is a fun course appropriate for all ages. Parents can accompany their children on that run.
Race day registration starts at 7:30 a.m. The Kids Fun Run starts at 8:30 a.m. The 5K Run/Walk begins at 9 a.m. T-Shirts will be given to the first 200 participants.
For more information, trail map and online registration visit www.woodcocknaturecenter.org.
The cost is $25 for preregistration for the 5K, $30 for day of race registration for the 5k, $15 for those age 13 and under. The cost is $10 for the Kids' Fun Run.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'