WILTON, Conn. -- The Australian Haydn Quartet is set to perform at 4 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19, at the Wilton Library.
The Australian Haydn Quartet is a period instrument group specializing in chamber music and string orchestral music of the classical era.
"At the heart of The Australian Haydn Ensemble is a core of remarkably talented, enthusiastic, and dynamic permanent members, each of whom is a specialist in historical performance practice," a press release said.
"Their collaboration of highly experienced artists results in a powerful strength of tone, a delicacy of execution and breaths vitality into works of the Classical and early Romantic Period."
There is no charge for the performance, but registration is strongly suggested at the Wilton Library website or by calling 203-762-3950.
The Wilton Library is at 137 Old Ridgefield Road in Wilton.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Wilton, Thunderstorms Possible