WILTON, Conn. -- The Australian Haydn Quartet is set to perform at 4 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19, at the Wilton Library.
The Australian Haydn Quartet is a period instrument group specializing in chamber music and string orchestral music of the classical era.
"At the heart of The Australian Haydn Ensemble is a core of remarkably talented, enthusiastic, and dynamic permanent members, each of whom is a specialist in historical performance practice," a press release said.
"Their collaboration of highly experienced artists results in a powerful strength of tone, a delicacy of execution and breaths vitality into works of the Classical and early Romantic Period."
There is no charge for the performance, but registration is strongly suggested at the Wilton Library website or by calling 203-762-3950.
The Wilton Library is at 137 Old Ridgefield Road in Wilton.
- 1 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Wilton Cancer Survivor Takes On Marathon Challenge For Charity
- 4 Wilton Man Opens State's First Orangetheory Fitness In Fairfield
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website