HARRISON, N.Y. - As she prepares to get her children ready for school, one Harrison mother stumbled across an article that really struck a nerve.
It seems that children in Virginia are legally prohibited to go back to school before Labor Day. And the reason, according to an article on the Washingtonian, is the theme park lobby.
The parks, according to the story, want to stay open a week later. No school equals more customers for places such as Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens.
You can read the whole story here.
Have you read anything online or seen a video that has stuck with you? Share it with your neighbors here by sending it to us at email@example.com.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Wilton
- 5 Wilton Police Department Promotes Woman To Detective In Historic First