HARRISON, N.Y. - As she prepares to get her children ready for school, one Harrison mother stumbled across an article that really struck a nerve.
It seems that children in Virginia are legally prohibited to go back to school before Labor Day. And the reason, according to an article on the Washingtonian, is the theme park lobby.
The parks, according to the story, want to stay open a week later. No school equals more customers for places such as Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens.
You can read the whole story here.
Have you read anything online or seen a video that has stuck with you? Share it with your neighbors here by sending it to us at email@example.com.
- 1 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Wilton Overnight
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk