WILTON, Conn. -- Author Valerie Martin will visit the Wilton Library to discuss her new book "The Ghost of the Mary Celeste" on Thursday, May 8, from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Martin's latest book brings three real-life elements to the fore – a true ghost ship named the Mary Celeste that was found with its crew vanished, a young Arthur Conan Doyle on the verge of success and an unorthodox spiritualist medium named Violet Petra.
The New York Times Book Review called it, “a sly and masterly historical novel, a page-turner with intelligence and flair.”
Martin is the author of 10 novels, including "Trespass," "Mary Reilly," "Italian Fever" and the 2003 Orange Prize-winning "Property."
Her books will be available for purchase and signing at the event.
The Wilton Library is located at 137 Old Ridgefield Road. For more information, call 203-762-3950 or visit the library website.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Wilton With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Wilton Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Wilton; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow