WILTON, Conn. -- Author Valerie Martin will visit the Wilton Library to discuss her new book "The Ghost of the Mary Celeste" on Thursday, May 8, from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Martin's latest book brings three real-life elements to the fore – a true ghost ship named the Mary Celeste that was found with its crew vanished, a young Arthur Conan Doyle on the verge of success and an unorthodox spiritualist medium named Violet Petra.
The New York Times Book Review called it, “a sly and masterly historical novel, a page-turner with intelligence and flair.”
Martin is the author of 10 novels, including "Trespass," "Mary Reilly," "Italian Fever" and the 2003 Orange Prize-winning "Property."
Her books will be available for purchase and signing at the event.
The Wilton Library is located at 137 Old Ridgefield Road. For more information, call 203-762-3950 or visit the library website.
- 1 Wilton Woman Uses Psychic Powers To Help Others
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton