WILTON, Conn. -- Author Valerie Martin will visit the Wilton Library to discuss her new book "The Ghost of the Mary Celeste" on Thursday, May 8, from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Martin's latest book brings three real-life elements to the fore – a true ghost ship named the Mary Celeste that was found with its crew vanished, a young Arthur Conan Doyle on the verge of success and an unorthodox spiritualist medium named Violet Petra.
The New York Times Book Review called it, “a sly and masterly historical novel, a page-turner with intelligence and flair.”
Martin is the author of 10 novels, including "Trespass," "Mary Reilly," "Italian Fever" and the 2003 Orange Prize-winning "Property."
Her books will be available for purchase and signing at the event.
The Wilton Library is located at 137 Old Ridgefield Road. For more information, call 203-762-3950 or visit the library website.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Wilton
- 4 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Wilton Sky
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7