NORWALK, Conn. -- Aitoro's Appliance Showroom in Norwalk hosted the "Galaxy of Gourmets for STAR."
The benefit helped raise $6,000 for STAR Inc., Lighting the Way's programs and services. The event included music, mingling and tastings of gourmet food and drinks from 15 chefs in Fairfield County. Lighting the Way’s programs and services help infants, children, adults and seniors who have intellectual and developmental disabilities.
About 110 people attended the event held on Thursday, March 6, at 401 Westport Ave. in Norwalk. Honorary chairpersons for the event included Assaf and Rebecca Ben-Atar of Norwalk, David and SarahTaylor of Wilton, George Santangelo of Wilton and Cheryl Henchar of Stamford. Norwalk Mayor Harry Rilling, state Sen. Bob Duff and state Rep. Gail LaVielle were also at the event. During the evening, Duff and STAR’s Executive Director Katie Banzhaf announced that STAR had just been awarded a $522,100 state grant.
Participating restaurants included SoNo Brewhouse, KAZU Sono, Osteria Romana, Michael Joseph’s Restaurant and Catering of Darien, North East Seafood, Olivette of Darien, Anna’s Cakery, Dolce of Norwalk, Saffron, Dash of Salt Catering, Pontos Taverna, UnCOOK, Wave Hill Breads and Romanacci.
Musical groups Bobby and The Extras and STAR’s own Rubberband, performed during the event.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Wilton, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night