WILTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Randall Lee Rasmussen!
Rasmussen, who has owned a home in Wilton, turns 69 on Saturday. The football guard was born May 10, 1945, in St. Paul, Neb.
Rasmussen started his career with the American Football League in 1967 and remained as football guard for 15 seasons for the New York Jets.
He played for the Jets in their AFL Championship game victory over the Oakland Raiders in 1968, and started in Super Bowl III in which the Jets defeated the Baltimore Colts.
He was the last of the starting Jets players in the game to retire from pro football, playing his final game in the 1981 playoffs against the Buffalo Bills.
He is one of three professional football players who attended the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- 1 Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Lydia Hearst
- 2 Wilton Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 4 Letter: Absence Of Wilton's Lavielle Speaks Volumes
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead