WILTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Randall Lee Rasmussen!
Rasmussen, who has owned a home in Wilton, turns 69 on Saturday. The football guard was born May 10, 1945, in St. Paul, Neb.
Rasmussen started his career with the American Football League in 1967 and remained as football guard for 15 seasons for the New York Jets.
He played for the Jets in their AFL Championship game victory over the Oakland Raiders in 1968, and started in Super Bowl III in which the Jets defeated the Baltimore Colts.
He was the last of the starting Jets players in the game to retire from pro football, playing his final game in the 1981 playoffs against the Buffalo Bills.
He is one of three professional football players who attended the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton