WILTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Robert "Chance" Browne!
Browne, who has owned a home in Wilton, turns 66 on Tuesday. The comic strip artist and cartoonist, painter, and musician was born June 17, 1948, in New York City.
He took over drawing the family comic strip "Hi and Lois," which is syndicated throughout the United States and stars the characters of Hi, Lois, Dot, Ditto, Chip and Trixie. "Hi and Lois" is a part of King Features, as is the other Browne family comic strip "Hägar the Horrible."
Browne also plays guitar and sings in his band The Twinkies, a group that was formed in 1973. While he makes a living as a cartoonist, he has a true passion for painting, which he does in his spare time. Browne lives in Wilton with his wife and has three daughters.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Wilton Police Make Prostitution Arrests At Danbury Road Spa
- 3 Wilton Woman Brings World-Class Talent To New Piano Showroom
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo