WILTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Robert "Chance" Browne!
Browne, who has owned a home in Wilton, turns 66 on Tuesday. The comic strip artist and cartoonist, painter, and musician was born June 17, 1948, in New York City.
He took over drawing the family comic strip "Hi and Lois," which is syndicated throughout the United States and stars the characters of Hi, Lois, Dot, Ditto, Chip and Trixie. "Hi and Lois" is a part of King Features, as is the other Browne family comic strip "Hägar the Horrible."
Browne also plays guitar and sings in his band The Twinkies, a group that was formed in 1973. While he makes a living as a cartoonist, he has a true passion for painting, which he does in his spare time. Browne lives in Wilton with his wife and has three daughters.
- 1 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Wilton Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Wilton