WILTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Robert "Chance" Browne!
Browne, who has owned a home in Wilton, turns 66 on Tuesday. The comic strip artist and cartoonist, painter, and musician was born June 17, 1948, in New York City.
He took over drawing the family comic strip "Hi and Lois," which is syndicated throughout the United States and stars the characters of Hi, Lois, Dot, Ditto, Chip and Trixie. "Hi and Lois" is a part of King Features, as is the other Browne family comic strip "Hägar the Horrible."
Browne also plays guitar and sings in his band The Twinkies, a group that was formed in 1973. While he makes a living as a cartoonist, he has a true passion for painting, which he does in his spare time. Browne lives in Wilton with his wife and has three daughters.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton