WILTON, Conn. -- Madera Winds, a woodwind quintet of Connecticut musicians, will perform at the Wilton Library on Sunday, Jan. 12 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Madera Winds is composed of Wilton resident and oboe player Ralph Kirmser, Janet Atherton of Norwalk on clarinet, Rosemary Dellinger on bassoon, John Harley, a longtime member of the Norwalk symphony on horn and Jan van den Berg on flute.
The quintet will play the woodwind quintet of Carl Nielsen, which Kirmser described as "the finest piece of music written for this combination of instruments."
The concert is free, however space is limited so registration is strongly recommended.
To register, visit www.wiltonlibrary.org and click on "events," or call 203-762-3950, ext. 213.
The Wilton Library is located at 137 Old Ridgefield Road.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Wilton, NOAA Predicts