WILTON, Conn. -- Madera Winds, a woodwind quintet of Connecticut musicians, will perform at the Wilton Library on Sunday, Jan. 12 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Madera Winds is composed of Wilton resident and oboe player Ralph Kirmser, Janet Atherton of Norwalk on clarinet, Rosemary Dellinger on bassoon, John Harley, a longtime member of the Norwalk symphony on horn and Jan van den Berg on flute.
The quintet will play the woodwind quintet of Carl Nielsen, which Kirmser described as "the finest piece of music written for this combination of instruments."
The concert is free, however space is limited so registration is strongly recommended.
To register, visit www.wiltonlibrary.org and click on "events," or call 203-762-3950, ext. 213.
The Wilton Library is located at 137 Old Ridgefield Road.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Wilton Police Make Prostitution Arrests At Danbury Road Spa
- 3 Wilton Woman Brings World-Class Talent To New Piano Showroom
- 4 Mom Says Family Coping After Dad's Arrest In Ridgefield Hot Car Death
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Wilton