WILTON, Conn. -- Madera Winds, a woodwind quintet of Connecticut musicians, will perform at the Wilton Library on Sunday, Jan. 12 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Madera Winds is composed of Wilton resident and oboe player Ralph Kirmser, Janet Atherton of Norwalk on clarinet, Rosemary Dellinger on bassoon, John Harley, a longtime member of the Norwalk symphony on horn and Jan van den Berg on flute.
The quintet will play the woodwind quintet of Carl Nielsen, which Kirmser described as "the finest piece of music written for this combination of instruments."
The concert is free, however space is limited so registration is strongly recommended.
To register, visit www.wiltonlibrary.org and click on "events," or call 203-762-3950, ext. 213.
The Wilton Library is located at 137 Old Ridgefield Road.
- 1 Wilton Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Wilton
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Wilton Tuesday
- 5 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan