RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – Ridgefield High School junior Christopher DiFabio will host a fundraiser at 3 p.m. Saturday, June 28, at his family’s ReNapoli Pizzeria in Old Greenwich to benefit a charity called Full Courts Peace.
DiFabio will head the pizza kitchen at ReNapoli, located at 216 Sound Beach Ave., to make as many pizzas as he can within one hour. Sponsors can pledge a dollar for each pizza produced.
The money raised by DiFabio will go toward the charity organization Full Courts Peace to raise money to restore a school basketball court in Havana.
Pledgers are invited to attend a pizza party reception at 4 p.m., where Christopher and his master pizzaiolo father, Bruno DiFabio, will serve their award-winning pizzas. Bruno DiFabio is a six-time world pizza champion and owner of 10 pizzerias, including ReNapoli and Pinocchio pizzerias in Wilton and New Canaan.
The younger DiFabio is an honorary diplomat to Cuba through Full Courts Peace and plans to visit Havana in the fall.
Full Courts Peace was created in 2007 by Mike Evans and Dave Cullen to support underprivileged areas in Connecticut, Cuba and Mexico by creating youth basketball teams and basketball organization to promote a positive culture and create a safe place for kids.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'