DANBURY, Conn. -- The Danbury Music Centre presents the 12th annual student concerto competition on Saturday, Nov. 2, at 3 p.m. in the Marian Anderson Recital Hall at the Danbury Music Centre.
All finalists are students in area schools. The winner will perform a concerto with the Danbury Symphony Orchestra on Jan. 26.
The competition of finalists will feature the following student musicians:
- Priyanka Altman, Violin, from Danbury; student of Peggy Klinger
- Melanie Ambler, Cello, from Redding; student of Marcia Wiley
- Camden Archambeau, Cello, from Weston; student of Adam Grabois
- Cameron Chase, Violin, from Stratford; student of Regi Papa
- Sofia Chiarandini, Violin, from Newtown; student of Julie Kurtzman
- Elizabeth Loiuse Gagnon, Violin, from Bridgewater; student of Larry Deming
- Rachel Li, Piano, from Brookfield; student of Margarita Nuller
- Robert Linden, Piano, from Newtown; student of Max Vladimiroff
- Zoe Lonsinger, Violin, Sandy Hook; student of Joey Corpus
- Isabella Palacpac, Cello, from Wilton; student of Minhye Clara Kim
- Alison Shively, Violin, from Trumbull; student of Salley Koo
- Kristyn Vario, Soprano, from Brewster; student of Kathleen Theisen
Ariel Rudiakov, Music Director and Conductor of the Danbury Symphony Orchestra, and Christine Howlett, Music Director and Conductor of the Danbury Concert Chorus, will be the judges.
The winner will be announced at the conclusion of the competition.
For more information, visit the Danbury Music Centre website.