WILTON, Conn. -- Several Wilton groups are coming together and inviting the public to attend a Fishing Derby on Saturday, April 26, at the Wilton Family Y's Kiwanis Pond.
The Wilton Family Y, Cub Scout Pack 22, the Wilton Fishing Club and Trout Unlimited are presenting the Fishing Derby, which is open to all ages and abilities with no fishing license needed. More than 200 rainbow and brook trout will be stocked in the pond by Rowledge Pond Aquaculture from Sandy Hook.
Bait and lure fishing will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with special fly fishing hours during the event.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own poles and gear, although a limited number of rods will be available to borrow, said a press release. Bait can be purchased at the derby, and Wilton Fishing Club volunteers will provide a gutting service for those wanting to take their catch home.
The derby will be held rain or shine. Admission for age 6 and under is free, $8 for ages 7 to 18, $12 for ages adults and $25 for families.
For more information, contact Wilton Fishing Club President Max Jones at email@example.com.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 3 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Wilton Running Club Girl Takes 5th In National Cross Country Race