RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – A special Mother’s Day-themed author -- Wilton's Marcelle Soviero -- is joining the lineup for Bernard’s Author Luncheon series in Ridgefield for April.
Soviero, author of “An Iridescent Life: Essays on Motherhood and Stepmotherhood,” will speak on the joys and trials of motherhood and will discuss journaling and memoir-writing tips.
A resident of Wilton, Soviero teaches memoir writing, among other topics, at the Westport Writers Workshop and through Wilton Continuing Education. She also lectures at Boston’s Emerson College and founded the magazine Brain Child in 2000, which she said is for thinking women.
“We enjoy celebrating the works of area authors, and this luncheon is the perfect way to ‘mother yourself’ this year. The series has built a strong following and it’s a great day out with friends,” said Bernard’s owner, Sarah Bouissou.
There will be a special Mother’s Day door prize, and unique semi-precious jewelry will be donated by Weston artisan Carla Jegen, of CLJ Elements Jewelry, for all who attend.
The luncheon will take place Thursday, April 25 from noon to 2 p.m. The prix fixe lunch is $25 per person and reservations are recommended. To make a reservation contact Bernard's.
- 1 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Wilton
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Wilton With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Wilton Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard