WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton Congregation Church is set to celebrate Earth Ministry Sunday with a guest minister and special sermon.
Guest minister, the Rev. Reebee Kavich Girash, will lead services and preach a sermon starting at 10 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 9, at the Wilton Congregational Church at 70 Ridgefield Road in Wilton.
Girash will preach a sermon on the Christian moral imperative to address climate change called, "Your Light Shall Break Forth Like the Dawn."
During the service, Wilton Congregational Church will receive the Green Church Award from the Connecticut Conference of the UCC, and a certificate of appreciation from the University of Connecticut Center for Land Use Education and Research for its commitment to environmental stewardship and assistance in the creation of Wilton’s first vegetated rain garden.
Residents are invited to stay for a coffee hour following the service to meet Girash.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Wilton Overnight
- 4 Beware Of Deep Refreeze, Ice Through Morning In Wilton
- 5 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk