WILTON, Conn. – Girls from Wilton’s Daisy Girl Scout Troop 50229 helped Wilton-based Animals in Distress after the agency rescued 14 cats recently.
Members of the Daisy Troop, under the leadership of Julie Setterlund and Jamie DeVivo, collected food for the cats. Then they all stopped at the shelter to make a donation and visit the cats.
Animals in Distress learned the cats were being fed outside by a family, and a neighbor was trying to harm the animals.
Animals in Distress, which operates a no-kill shelter, rescued the cats, some of which were sick or pregnant. With 30 cats already in the shelter, the agency took to social media to ask for donations. The Daisy Troop was among the first to respond.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Wilton, NOAA Predicts