WILTON, Conn. – Girls from Wilton’s Daisy Girl Scout Troop 50229 helped Wilton-based Animals in Distress after the agency rescued 14 cats recently.
Members of the Daisy Troop, under the leadership of Julie Setterlund and Jamie DeVivo, collected food for the cats. Then they all stopped at the shelter to make a donation and visit the cats.
Animals in Distress learned the cats were being fed outside by a family, and a neighbor was trying to harm the animals.
Animals in Distress, which operates a no-kill shelter, rescued the cats, some of which were sick or pregnant. With 30 cats already in the shelter, the agency took to social media to ask for donations. The Daisy Troop was among the first to respond.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Wilton For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana
- 5 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student