WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton Family Y is hosting a diaper drive starting Monday, Jan. 6 in the lobby of the Y at 404 Danbury Road
Donations of packages of newborn through toddler size diapers will be distributed to low income families in the area by the Community Action Center of Danbury, the Domestic Violence Crisis Center and Person to Person members.
Representatives said the drive is a "critical need" for low income families because "diapers are not covered by food stamps," prices can be high and children cannot participate in several programs without clean diapers.
Residents are asked to bring diapers and wipes to the collection bin in the Y lobby during the week of Jan. 6. Those with questions are asked to contact Diaper Drive coordinators Jane Alexander firstname.lastname@example.org or Genia Meinhold, Meinhold@optonline.net.
Residents can also learn more by visiting the Wilton Family Y website.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton Woman Uses Psychic Powers To Help Others
- 3 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton