WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton Family Y is hosting a diaper drive starting Monday, Jan. 6 in the lobby of the Y at 404 Danbury Road
Donations of packages of newborn through toddler size diapers will be distributed to low income families in the area by the Community Action Center of Danbury, the Domestic Violence Crisis Center and Person to Person members.
Representatives said the drive is a "critical need" for low income families because "diapers are not covered by food stamps," prices can be high and children cannot participate in several programs without clean diapers.
Residents are asked to bring diapers and wipes to the collection bin in the Y lobby during the week of Jan. 6. Those with questions are asked to contact Diaper Drive coordinators Jane Alexander firstname.lastname@example.org or Genia Meinhold, Meinhold@optonline.net.
Residents can also learn more by visiting the Wilton Family Y website.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Wilton