WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton Family Y is hosting a diaper drive starting Monday, Jan. 6 in the lobby of the Y at 404 Danbury Road
Donations of packages of newborn through toddler size diapers will be distributed to low income families in the area by the Community Action Center of Danbury, the Domestic Violence Crisis Center and Person to Person members.
Representatives said the drive is a "critical need" for low income families because "diapers are not covered by food stamps," prices can be high and children cannot participate in several programs without clean diapers.
Residents are asked to bring diapers and wipes to the collection bin in the Y lobby during the week of Jan. 6. Those with questions are asked to contact Diaper Drive coordinators Jane Alexander email@example.com or Genia Meinhold, Meinhold@optonline.net.
Residents can also learn more by visiting the Wilton Family Y website.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years