WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton Family YMCA will be just one of four local nonprofits participating in the Fairfield County Community Foundation’s “24 Hours To Give” event on Friday, March 7.
The Norwalk-based Fairfield County Community Foundation hopes to raise $1 million Friday in an effort to continue its mission of building and sustaining a vital and prosperous community where all have the opportunity to participate and thrive.
Wilton residents who want to support the Y and other local causes can click on the link at www.FCGives.org between 12:01 a.m. and midnight Friday, March 7, and make a gift to the charity of their choice, Y Development Director Karen Strickland said in a statement.
"The Y’s goal for is to reach a total of 150 donations, which is the number of children who need financial assistance to attend our summer camp program," Strickland said. "FC Gives is generously offering matching funds for those organizations who hit certain goals, so please participate and tell friends to help Wilton organizations have a successful showing that benefit deserving causes.”
For full information on the Fairfield County Community Foundation’s “24 Hours To Give” initiative, visit www.fccfoundation.org/.
- 1 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Wilton
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Wilton With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow