WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton’s Emily Fields won a gold medal in the recent Taekwondo National Championships in San Jose, Calif.
Fields, 11, won gold in the 12-14 girls age group in the Breaking Division.
Fields, who recently completed sixth grade at Middlebrook Middle School, won three gold medals in the Connecticut state championships in February. She also competed in Poomsae, a combination of basic actions and movements exercised with an imaginary opponent, at the national championships.
Fields has taken martial arts since she was four years old and has trained at the World Champion Taekwondo Dojo in Ridgefield under Master Jeong for the past six years. She won a bronze medal in the national championships last year.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton Woman Uses Psychic Powers To Help Others
- 3 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton