WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton’s Emily Fields won a gold medal in the recent Taekwondo National Championships in San Jose, Calif.
Fields, 11, won gold in the 12-14 girls age group in the Breaking Division.
Fields, who recently completed sixth grade at Middlebrook Middle School, won three gold medals in the Connecticut state championships in February. She also competed in Poomsae, a combination of basic actions and movements exercised with an imaginary opponent, at the national championships.
Fields has taken martial arts since she was four years old and has trained at the World Champion Taekwondo Dojo in Ridgefield under Master Jeong for the past six years. She won a bronze medal in the national championships last year.
- 1 Wilton Police: Man Strikes Co-Worker After Complaints Of Slow Work
- 2 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers
- 3 Wilton Police Land Two Men Fishing Illegally In Reservoir
- 4 Wilton Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Lydia Hearst