WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton’s Emily Fields won a gold medal in the recent Taekwondo National Championships in San Jose, Calif.
Fields, 11, won gold in the 12-14 girls age group in the Breaking Division.
Fields, who recently completed sixth grade at Middlebrook Middle School, won three gold medals in the Connecticut state championships in February. She also competed in Poomsae, a combination of basic actions and movements exercised with an imaginary opponent, at the national championships.
Fields has taken martial arts since she was four years old and has trained at the World Champion Taekwondo Dojo in Ridgefield under Master Jeong for the past six years. She won a bronze medal in the national championships last year.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton
- 3 Wilton Running Club Girl Takes 5th In National Cross Country Race
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title