WILTON, Conn. -- The Kiwanis Club of Wilton awarded a grant of $6,000 to the Wilton Family Y to fund upgrades to the computer lab.
The grant allowed the Y to purchase five iPads with keyboards, one Mac Book Air, four Microsoft Surface tablets with keyboards, a flatscreen TV docking station with Apple TV, Apple Care and an airprint compatible printer.
As thanks for the grant, the new facility will be named the Kiwanis Technology Center.
“We are so appreciative of the generosity of the Wilton Kiwanis Club for making such a significant improvement to an important program area that was in need of major upgrading. It is so critical for the Y to offer high quality internet access and up-to-date electronic equipment for homework time as part of after school program," Y Executive Director Bob McDowell said in a statement.
"Parents rely on the Y to allow students to get schoolwork done while they are here, so families can spend quality time together in the evening. The tablets and iPads we were able to acquire as a result of the grant will make a huge difference in our capability to serve the educational needs of children to a much higher level. We thank both the Kiwanis Contributions Committee and their board for supporting this initiative.”
The Y’s Afterschool Child Care Program serves nearly 100 children from Kindergarten through 7th grade who take the school bus directly to the Y each weekday.
- 1 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview