WILTON, Conn. -- Advanced chess instructions will be given to children in grades three to seven by Christopher Potts, from Thursday, May 1, to Thursday, June 19, from 5-6 p.m. at the Wilton Library.
Potts is an instructor, tournament player and U.S. Chess Federation certified tournament director. In this program, advanced players will review the basics; learn more advanced strategy and tactics; learn optimal opening and endgame play; gain an appreciation for the vital importance of making and carrying out sound plans. Time will be provided for students to play games and put the classroom lessons into practice.
Program fee is $80 per student for all eight meetings. In-person registration is required, payment due at time of registration.
Wilton Library is at 137 Old Ridgefield Road. Call 762-3950 or visit www.wiltonlibrary.org for more information.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton