WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton Wahoos swimmers took part in the recent eighth annual Greenwich/Stamford Swim Across America Open Water event.
Headed by Team Captain Jim O'Brien, Team "Kicking Cancer for Karen, Chris and Friends" raised over $19,000 and was one of the top three fundraising teams in the event.
Wahoo members included Stephen, Emma and Ellen Holmquist; Tommy, Jake, and Lily Kealy; Verity Abel; Christine and Caroline O'Brien; and Peter Holmquist, a member of the Wahoo Masters team.
Swim Across America is committed to raising funds and awareness to further cancer research, prevention and treatment through nationwide swim events, and the Wahoo swimmers are proud to be able to support a worthy cause and make a difference in the lives of others.
This year the event raised more than $334,000 with proceeds benefiting the Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy, the nation's only foundation dedicated exclusively to funding cancer gene therapy research.
- 1 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Wilton
- 2 Wilton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Wilton With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued