WILTON, Conn. – Cannon Grange No. 152’s 82nd Annual Agricultural Fair will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 24, rain or shine, at the Grange Hall grounds, 25 Cannon Road. Admission is $1 per person, or a canned food item, which will be donated to the Wilton Interfaith Food Pantry. Parking is free across the street at Cannondale Railroad Station and Village.
The fair’s displays and competitions involving home-produced and raised items are reminiscent of Wilton’s rural background. Competitions include baked goods, spirits, fruits, vegetables, flowers, artwork, crafts, needlework, rabbits, poultry and eggs. Children and adults may participate.
There will also be a baked goods sale, food court and concessions; civic and educational exhibits; a watermelon eating contest; and performances by local musicians.
“We encourage all to join in these perennially-favorite festivities,” Don Offinger of the fair's committee said. “Enter your finest two-crust apple pie, share your best chocolate chip cookies and show your quilt and photography.”
Fair booklets and entry forms for competitions are available online at www.cannongrange.org, or from local merchants, banks, Wilton Town Hall and the Wilton Library. For more information, call 203-762-1900, email email@example.com or visit the website.
- 1 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You