FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – It’s official, in 2011, Connecticut’s adults were less obese than adults in 41 of its fellow states, a study from the Center for Disease Control said.
Of the 50 states, Connecticut ranks number nine at 24.5 percent obesity prevalence, compared to the most obese state of Mississippi at 34.9 percent prevalence.
The other states that ranked low in obesity were, from lowest, Colorado, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey and California.
Mississippi topped as most obese and was followed by Louisiana, West Virginia, Alabama and Michigan.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton Woman Uses Psychic Powers To Help Others
- 3 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton