FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – It’s official, in 2011, Connecticut’s adults were less obese than adults in 41 of its fellow states, a study from the Center for Disease Control said.
Of the 50 states, Connecticut ranks number nine at 24.5 percent obesity prevalence, compared to the most obese state of Mississippi at 34.9 percent prevalence.
The other states that ranked low in obesity were, from lowest, Colorado, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey and California.
Mississippi topped as most obese and was followed by Louisiana, West Virginia, Alabama and Michigan.
- 1 Happy Birthday To Wilton’s Lydia Hearst
- 2 Wilton Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Letter: Absence Of Wilton's Lavielle Speaks Volumes
- 4 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 5 Arrest Of A Man In Assault On Co-Worker In Wilton Tops Week’s News