FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- With fair weather and sunny skies finally breaking through the snow, construction crews are out in full force in Fairfield County on Thursday on I-95, I-84 and the Merritt Parkway, slowing traffic as a result.
A construction project that closed the left and center lanes between Exit 2 and 3 in Greenwich on I-95 south has been cleared, but residual traffic is snaking all the way back to Norwalk as a result, the state Department of Transportation reported.
The right lane is closed on the Merritt Parkway south between Exit 28 and 29 in Greenwich until 2:30 p.m. Thursday, DOT said.
The left lane is closed on the Merritt Parkway north between Exit 37 in Darien and New Canaan and Exit 40B in Norwalk until 3 p.m. Thursday.
The left lane is closed on I-84 in Danbury between Exit 3 and Exit 8 until 2:40 p.m. Thursday.
Drivers should take precautions in these areas during the construction times.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Wilton
- 4 Wilton Police Assist At Large Brawl In Norwalk Park After Shots Were Fired
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters