FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Trains will begin running again on the Danbury branch of Metro-North on Monday. Buses will be operating on the New Canaan branch on Monday and Tuesday.
“There was a tremendous amount of debris-clearing and other work required to get the branch lines back in service," Gov. Dannel Malloy said in a news release.
The Danbury and New Canaan branches link to the New Haven Line to take passengers to Grand Central Terminal in New York City. Service was restored to the New Haven Line on Friday, with about half the normal number of riders. Those numbers should gradually return to normal levels in the coming weeks, Malloy said.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Wilton