FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Trains will begin running again on the Danbury branch of Metro-North on Monday. Buses will be operating on the New Canaan branch on Monday and Tuesday.
“There was a tremendous amount of debris-clearing and other work required to get the branch lines back in service," Gov. Dannel Malloy said in a news release.
The Danbury and New Canaan branches link to the New Haven Line to take passengers to Grand Central Terminal in New York City. Service was restored to the New Haven Line on Friday, with about half the normal number of riders. Those numbers should gradually return to normal levels in the coming weeks, Malloy said.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton
- 3 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girl Takes 5th In National Cross Country Race
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller