FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Trains will begin running again on the Danbury branch of Metro-North on Monday. Buses will be operating on the New Canaan branch on Monday and Tuesday.
“There was a tremendous amount of debris-clearing and other work required to get the branch lines back in service," Gov. Dannel Malloy said in a news release.
The Danbury and New Canaan branches link to the New Haven Line to take passengers to Grand Central Terminal in New York City. Service was restored to the New Haven Line on Friday, with about half the normal number of riders. Those numbers should gradually return to normal levels in the coming weeks, Malloy said.
- 1 Wilton High Senior Honored With Prestigious Presidential Scholar Award
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 5 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby