WILTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Wilton last week:
- State Sen. Toni Boucher (R-Wilton) called on the Wilton community to not tolerate hate crimes after the discovery of a swastika etched into a locker at Wilton High School.
- Ensign Jennifer Abbott, a native of Wilton and a 2010 graduate of Wilton High School, is serving in the U.S. Navy aboard USS Somerset, one of the world's most modern, networked, survivable, and transformational warships.
- Eight people have been arrested in connection with an underage drinking party held near the scene where a Ridgefield teen was struck and killed by a car in March.
- Work on the new Yankee Gas pipeline will continue with construction in Merwin Meadows expected to be completed this week.
- Joseph Burgess of Wilton received a bachelor of arts diploma from the Creighton University College of Arts and Sciences at the school’s commencement ceremony at CenturyLink Center Omaha.
- Sig Hansen of 'Deadliest Catch ' shares fish tales at Ridgefield Playhouse.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.