WILTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Wilton last week:
- Former Wilton resident Emma Frisch was eliminated from "The Food Network Star" reality television show.
- After less than a year of work, Westport’s Levitt Pavilion reopened with a new stage and refurbishd grass seating to a soldout house as Weston resident Jose Feliciano played the first concert of the summer season.
Wilton police helped investigate after New Canaan Public Works Department employee Benjamin Olmstead, 71, of Norwalk was struck by a vehicle driven by Francesco Sorge, 60, of Norwalk while he was working. Olmstead died of his injuries a day later in Norwalk Hospital.
- David John Cole, who worked at Beiersdorf USA's IT Department in Norwalk and grew up in Wilton, died at the age of 54.
- In a place that had become overgrown with weeds, a new herb and flower garden, just like the ones our Colonial ancestors would have sowed, is growing on the grounds of the Wilton Historical Society.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Wilton
- 5 Chance Of Storms As Workweek Starts In Wilton