FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- With no jackpot winner in Mega Millions drawing so far this year, Fairfield County residents will have a chance to cash in on a $400 million payday on Tuesday, March 18.
According to Mega Millions, the estimated $400 million jackpot will be the third largest jackpot the game has ever produced, behind the $656 million jackpot in 2012 and the $648 million pot that happened in December 2013.
Mega Millions recently changed the game, which has resulted in longer odds and larger jackpots. Five numbers are drawn from a pool of 75 numbers, up from the previous total of 56, and the Megaball numbers have been reduced from 46 to 15.
The change has reduced the chances of winning to 259 million to 1, down from 175 million to 1 under the old system.
The drawing will be held just before 11 p.m. and will be televised locally on WABC-TV Channel 7, Fox CT Channel 61 and WCCT-TV Channel 20.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Wilton Wahoos Send 36 Swimmers To YMCA Nationals
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer