WILTON, Conn. -- A former Wilton man has been sentenced to three years in prison followed by five years of probation for accidentally shooting his wife and himself during a 2012 domestic incident in their home, according to the Hour.
Charles Garcia, 48, accosted his wife, Michelle, with a shotgun after demanding to see text messages she exchanged with a man in Nebraska.
They struggled over the gun, which went off and seriously injured both of them, according to the article.
Garcia pleaded guilty to first-degree assault, according to the article.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Wilton, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night