WILTON, Conn. -- A former Wilton man has been sentenced to three years in prison followed by five years of probation for accidentally shooting his wife and himself during a 2012 domestic incident in their home, according to the Hour.
Charles Garcia, 48, accosted his wife, Michelle, with a shotgun after demanding to see text messages she exchanged with a man in Nebraska.
They struggled over the gun, which went off and seriously injured both of them, according to the article.
Garcia pleaded guilty to first-degree assault, according to the article.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton