WILTON, Conn. -- A former Wilton man has been sentenced to three years in prison followed by five years of probation for accidentally shooting his wife and himself during a 2012 domestic incident in their home, according to the Hour.
Charles Garcia, 48, accosted his wife, Michelle, with a shotgun after demanding to see text messages she exchanged with a man in Nebraska.
They struggled over the gun, which went off and seriously injured both of them, according to the article.
Garcia pleaded guilty to first-degree assault, according to the article.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Wilton