WILTON, Conn. -- A former Wilton man has been sentenced to three years in prison followed by five years of probation for accidentally shooting his wife and himself during a 2012 domestic incident in their home, according to the Hour.
Charles Garcia, 48, accosted his wife, Michelle, with a shotgun after demanding to see text messages she exchanged with a man in Nebraska.
They struggled over the gun, which went off and seriously injured both of them, according to the article.
Garcia pleaded guilty to first-degree assault, according to the article.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Wilton For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Student, 14, Charged With Stealing Master Key To Wilton High School