WILTON, Conn. -- A former Wilton man has been sentenced to three years in prison followed by five years of probation for accidentally shooting his wife and himself during a 2012 domestic incident in their home, according to the Hour.
Charles Garcia, 48, accosted his wife, Michelle, with a shotgun after demanding to see text messages she exchanged with a man in Nebraska.
They struggled over the gun, which went off and seriously injured both of them, according to the article.
Garcia pleaded guilty to first-degree assault, according to the article.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Wilton Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Wilton
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed