WILTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Wilton last week:
- Gov. Dannel Malloy visited Wilton to celebrate the expansion of the Yankee Gas pipeline into town. The work to dig trenches to bury the pipeline will continue in various parts of town until November.
- Tabari Bailey, 27, of the Bronx, N.Y., has been arrested on charges of using 13 counterfeit $20 bills to buy handbags at a store in Wilton, police said.
- The Wilton School District is hosting enrollment sessions for new students and other special events for returning students in the days leading up to the first day of classes on Aug. 25.
- The Redding Roadhouse, which closed in May after 30 years in business, is looking to reopen later this year, according to an announcement on its Facebook page.
- A Ridgefield mother has created a website to honor her 15-month-old son who died in a hot car and to raise awareness in the hope of preventing similar tragedies.
- A member of the Connecticut National Guard died and a second was injured in a two-car collision on Interstate 95 in Rye, N.Y. Both of the occupants were ejected from a military truck, which flipped on its head.
- Emily Fedorko was identified as the 16-year-old girl who was killed in a water-tubing accident on the waters of Long Island Sound off Greenwich Point.
- Kids from the greater Danbury area gathered to salute state Sen. Toni Boucher (R-Wilton) for her work to help children across the state.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Heavy Rain Headed To Wilton, Thunderstorms Possible
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild