WILTON, Conn. - Janice Corkery-Avedis, of Wilton, died Saturday, March 30. She was 60.
Avedis was born July 13, 1952, in Newton, Mass., to Abigail and Paul Corkery. She worked as a pediatric nurse practitioner for 25 years. She was instrumental in establishing the Health Center at Norwalk High School.
Avedis is survived by her husband, Michael Avedis; son, Michael and daughter Taylor.
Calling hours are Monday, April 1 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave. Norwalk. Other services will be held privately.
Memorial Donations may be made to the Alzheimer' Assoc. 2076 Silas Deane Hwy, Ste 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight