WILTON, Conn. - Janice Corkery-Avedis, of Wilton, died Saturday, March 30. She was 60.
Avedis was born July 13, 1952, in Newton, Mass., to Abigail and Paul Corkery. She worked as a pediatric nurse practitioner for 25 years. She was instrumental in establishing the Health Center at Norwalk High School.
Avedis is survived by her husband, Michael Avedis; son, Michael and daughter Taylor.
Calling hours are Monday, April 1 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave. Norwalk. Other services will be held privately.
Memorial Donations may be made to the Alzheimer' Assoc. 2076 Silas Deane Hwy, Ste 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 Wilton Mom Slams Into Utility Pole With Kids In SUV, Faces DUI Charge
- 3 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight