WILTON, Conn. - Janice Corkery-Avedis, of Wilton, died Saturday, March 30. She was 60.
Avedis was born July 13, 1952, in Newton, Mass., to Abigail and Paul Corkery. She worked as a pediatric nurse practitioner for 25 years. She was instrumental in establishing the Health Center at Norwalk High School.
Avedis is survived by her husband, Michael Avedis; son, Michael and daughter Taylor.
Calling hours are Monday, April 1 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave. Norwalk. Other services will be held privately.
Memorial Donations may be made to the Alzheimer' Assoc. 2076 Silas Deane Hwy, Ste 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Wilton Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Wilton
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Wilton Tuesday
- 4 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 5 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan