WILTON, Conn. - Janice Corkery-Avedis, of Wilton, died Saturday, March 30. She was 60.
Avedis was born July 13, 1952, in Newton, Mass., to Abigail and Paul Corkery. She worked as a pediatric nurse practitioner for 25 years. She was instrumental in establishing the Health Center at Norwalk High School.
Avedis is survived by her husband, Michael Avedis; son, Michael and daughter Taylor.
Calling hours are Monday, April 1 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave. Norwalk. Other services will be held privately.
Memorial Donations may be made to the Alzheimer' Assoc. 2076 Silas Deane Hwy, Ste 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Wilton
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Wilton With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Wilton Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard