WILTON, Conn. - Janice Corkery-Avedis, of Wilton, died Saturday, March 30. She was 60.
Avedis was born July 13, 1952, in Newton, Mass., to Abigail and Paul Corkery. She worked as a pediatric nurse practitioner for 25 years. She was instrumental in establishing the Health Center at Norwalk High School.
Avedis is survived by her husband, Michael Avedis; son, Michael and daughter Taylor.
Calling hours are Monday, April 1 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave. Norwalk. Other services will be held privately.
Memorial Donations may be made to the Alzheimer' Assoc. 2076 Silas Deane Hwy, Ste 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Wilton, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Wilton Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms