FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Nine first-year Metro-North conductors were fired and three others were reassigned after they were caught cheating on a safety test during a training session, according to the New York Daily News.
One or more of the conductors gained access to a written safety exam, photographed the questions with a smart phone, and shared it with other members of the training program, the Daily News said.
The nine conductors who were fired had less than a year of experience and thus did not have union protections. The three on reassignment were demoted to their previous titles, the Daily News reported.
- 1 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Wilton
- 2 Wilton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Wilton With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Wilton Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning