DANBURY, Conn. -- Buses will run in place of trains on Saturday mornings and early afternoons on the Danbury Branch throughout July, Metro-North announced.
The busing will be in effect on July 12, 19 and 26.
The substitution will accommodate the planned testing of grade crossings along the Danbury Branch.
Buses will not operate on the train schedule, but will make connections in South Norwalk.
Here are the bus departure times for Saturdays:
- Departing Danbury: 7:37 a.m.; 10:37 a.m.; 1:37 p.m.
- Departing South Norwalk: 9:09 a.m.; 12:07 p.m.; 3:07 p.m.
A full bus schedule is attached below or can be viewed here on the Metro-North website.
Buses had replaced off-peak and weekend trains on the Danbury Branch since earlier this year as remediation work on the grade crossing systems was completed by the Connecticut Department of Transportation, its signal contractor, and Metro-North.
Crossing gates had been dropping at wrong times along the Danbury Branch ever since a $70 million signal upgrade was installed last fall, causing extensive delays.
Running buses instead of trains for off-peak and weekend trips has allowed repair work to be done at nearly a dozen crossings. Work to test the grade crossings will be completed over the next three weekends along the Danbury Branch.
Metro-North also warned all travels that due to planned track and signal work, customers may experience slower travel times on all lines during the weekends of July 12 and 13 and July 19 and 20.
Attached: (danburybus7_8.pdf)Get Breaking News In Your Inbox
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton Woman Uses Psychic Powers To Help Others
- 3 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton