NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The jury began deliberating but did not reach a decision Thursday in the case of a New Canaan man charged with trying to kill his wife in their home in 2010, according to the Stamford Advocate.
J. Michael Farren, a former White House attorney, is charged with attempted murder, accused of beating his wife with a flashlight in their New Canaan mansion on Jan. 6, 2010, with their two children nearby. He faces 50 years in prison if found guilty.
The jury will return Friday morning for the trial, which began Monday. Michael Farren's ex-wife, Mary Margaret Farren, testified on the opening day of the trial.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'