4:50 p.m. Update: DARIEN, Conn. -- Emergency vehicles have cleared northbound I-95 after an earlier car fire, but traffic continues to be slow in the area, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported Wednesday afternoon.
Original story: DARIEN, Conn. - Two lanes of northbound I-95 are closed Wednesday afternoon after a car fire near the rest area in Darien, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The left and center lanes of traffic between Exit 12 and Exit 13 are closed, the DOT reports.
The DOT is estimating that the traffic and clean up will take about one hour. The fire was reported at about 4:15 p.m.
- 1 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Wilton Cancer Survivor Takes On Marathon Challenge For Charity
- 4 Wilton Man Opens State's First Orangetheory Fitness In Fairfield
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website