NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Overnight work on the Merritt Parkway near the New Canaan-Stamford border will cause lane and road closures, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
The nighttime bridge maintenance work will be performed on northbound Route 15/Merritt Parkway. Loose and hollow concrete will be removed from the parkway bridge under Ponus Ridge Road in New Canaan.
The work is scheduled to occur from 9 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4.
Motorists can expect lane closures and periods of road closure between Exit 35 for Route 137/High Ridge Road in Stamford to Exit 36 for Route 106/Old Stamford Road in New Canaan near the Darien border, on the northbound side of the Merritt Parkway.
Traffic control personnel and signs will be used to guide motorists through the work zone. Drivers are advised to maintain a safe speed when driving in this vicinity.
The schedule may be modified or extended due to weather delays or other unforeseen conditions.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'