WILTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Wilton this week:
- A 59-year-old Wilton man, registered as a convicted sex offender, was arrested and charged with failing to verify his address with the state on two separate occasions.
- A gas explosion in Harlem killed at least eight people and shut down all Metro-North service for hours.
- The Wilton seventh-grade girl’s basketball team capped a successful season in the Fairfield County Basketball League with a 33-29 Class A championship victory over the Stamford Young Timers.
- A 19-year-old Stamford man, Angel Rodriguez, is the fourth person to be arrested and charged in the shoplifting incident at Ancona’s Wines & Liquors in which more than $500 worth of merchandise was stolen.
- Peter Lanza, father of Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza, spoke to the New Yorker for his first interview since his son's deadly shooting spree in December 2012.
- A Fairfield mother and daughter were killed in a fire. An investigation revealed no smoke detectors were in the house.
- A Danbury man and teacher at Greenwich private school Convent of the Sacred Heart turned himself in to police after being charged with sexual assault of a former student.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Wilton
- 2 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Wilton
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Wilton Tuesday
- 5 Wilton Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm