NORWALK, Conn. – U.S. Rep. Jim Himes (D-4) is hosting an information session Saturday for homeowners affected by Hurricane Sandy where they can learn about the assistance programs offered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The workshop will include an overview of assistance available for those who wish to elevate their homes and businesses to avoid future flood damage, in addition to information on physical disaster loans and economic injury loans for businesses.
Homeowners and business owners will also have an opportunity to meet one-on-one with representatives from FEMA, SBA and the National Flood Insurance Program and other agencies to discuss their individual cases.
In addition to state and federal government administrators, officials from Fairfield County communities also will be on hand to answer municipality-specific questions.
The session will be held from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the PepsiCo Theater at Norwalk Community College, 188 Richards Ave. in Norwalk. For more information and to RSVP for the event, contact Amy Lappos in Congressman Himes’ office at 866-453-0028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton
- 3 Wilton Running Club Girl Takes 5th In National Cross Country Race
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title