FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A female student from Sacred Heart University in Fairfield is in critical condition after being hit by a car while crossing Madison Avenue in Bridgeport on Friday, according to ctpost.com.
The driver of the vehicle, an unidentified young male, remained at the scene and said he didn't see the victim run out into the road. This is the third pedestrian to get hit by a vehicle in as many weeks. The other two proved fatal, ctpost.com reported.
The victim, identified as a Sacred Heart junior who resides at a sorority house near the accident scene, remains in critical condition at St. Vincent's Medical Center, ctpost.com said.
- 1 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 2 Wilton Eight-Graders Meet Stars Of Women’s Basketball Team At UConn
- 3 Arrest Of A Man In Assault On Co-Worker In Wilton Tops Week’s News
- 4 Wilton Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 5 Open Houses In Wilton This Weekend