FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A female student from Sacred Heart University in Fairfield is in critical condition after being hit by a car while crossing Madison Avenue in Bridgeport on Friday, according to ctpost.com.
The driver of the vehicle, an unidentified young male, remained at the scene and said he didn't see the victim run out into the road. This is the third pedestrian to get hit by a vehicle in as many weeks. The other two proved fatal, ctpost.com reported.
The victim, identified as a Sacred Heart junior who resides at a sorority house near the accident scene, remains in critical condition at St. Vincent's Medical Center, ctpost.com said.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'