FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A female student from Sacred Heart University in Fairfield is in critical condition after being hit by a car while crossing Madison Avenue in Bridgeport on Friday, according to ctpost.com.
The driver of the vehicle, an unidentified young male, remained at the scene and said he didn't see the victim run out into the road. This is the third pedestrian to get hit by a vehicle in as many weeks. The other two proved fatal, ctpost.com reported.
The victim, identified as a Sacred Heart junior who resides at a sorority house near the accident scene, remains in critical condition at St. Vincent's Medical Center, ctpost.com said.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Wilton
- 5 Wilton Police Department Promotes Woman To Detective In Historic First