FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A female student from Sacred Heart University in Fairfield is in critical condition after being hit by a car while crossing Madison Avenue in Bridgeport on Friday, according to ctpost.com.
The driver of the vehicle, an unidentified young male, remained at the scene and said he didn't see the victim run out into the road. This is the third pedestrian to get hit by a vehicle in as many weeks. The other two proved fatal, ctpost.com reported.
The victim, identified as a Sacred Heart junior who resides at a sorority house near the accident scene, remains in critical condition at St. Vincent's Medical Center, ctpost.com said.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Wilton Mom Slams Into Utility Pole With Kids In SUV, Faces DUI Charge
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight