FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A female student from Sacred Heart University in Fairfield is in critical condition after being hit by a car while crossing Madison Avenue in Bridgeport on Friday, according to ctpost.com.
The driver of the vehicle, an unidentified young male, remained at the scene and said he didn't see the victim run out into the road. This is the third pedestrian to get hit by a vehicle in as many weeks. The other two proved fatal, ctpost.com reported.
The victim, identified as a Sacred Heart junior who resides at a sorority house near the accident scene, remains in critical condition at St. Vincent's Medical Center, ctpost.com said.
- 1 Wilton Man Who Snapped Utility Pole Charged With Drunken Driving
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Wilton Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 4 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Wilton