WILTON, Conn. – A Stamford man is facing a larceny charge in the smash-and-grab theft of a safe from the Wilton Deli. He is the second man charged by Wilton police in the crime.
Chester Jones, 45, of Smith Street, was charged last Thursday with third-degree larceny, a class D felony.
Jones was taken into custody at his home after Wilton police obtained an arrest warrant, police said. Evidence and witness statements indicated Jones had a safe that was stolen Nov. 1, 2011, from the Wilton Deli, police said. The safe contained about $4,100 in cash.
Police also arrested Christopher Yarrell, 40, of Norwalk, and charged him with third-degree larceny after his Nov. 24 arrest in the same incident.
Jones was released on $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear Dec. 18 in Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Four Wilton Wahoo Swimmers Commit To College Programs
- 3 Wilton Police Make Prostitution Arrests At Danbury Road Spa
- 4 Wilton Woman Brings World-Class Talent To New Piano Showroom
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Wilton